To be admitted to Nature's hearth costs nothing. None is excluded, but excludes himself.
You have only to push aside the curtain - Henry David Thoreau
........

The only limits we have are those we give ourselves.

........

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother’s Day…today and every day

My mom always said that Mother’s Day should be every day and not just on one particular day. And of course, mothers tend to be smarty pants when it comes to these kinds of things – ‘mothers know best’. So, even if I haven’t said it every day, I hope she knows that I think she is the greatest mom ever!!!!

Little did I know when I got married, that I would be given a very special treat – an amazing mother-in-law as well (or as I often refer to her ‘mom #2’). I feel quite fortunate!

So, to all the mothers out there…a very happy Mother’s Day today, tomorrow, the next day, and each day thereafter (my mom would approve).

A special call out to Laura. Today she is being celebrated as a mother, but she is also remembering a loss on this same day in 2005. Hugs being sent your way, Laura (and the rest of the Flagg family).

Finally, I did a half-marathon today and when I went to get my car post-race, I saw this scene and just had to share. It seems apropos for Mother’s Day. Enjoy!

IMG00054

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tammy
That was a teary eyed message,I know you appreciate me as your mother. And the fact that I feel every day is a great day for mothers - that is especially if you have children who care and love, as you do. I hear from you more often than anyone else, and if I don't, I call to see why. That's how much I appreciate your
contact.
It is really nice to see you have such a nice relationship with Marion, I think she is a super-fine lady, as well as the rest of her family.

So, hope you are having a real good day. To my #1 daughter, only daughter, whom I love with all my heart. YOUR MOM

Anonymous said...

Dear Tammy: I must confess I just read your last three write-ups. I had read as far as the one about Tinge. I just want to thank you for your kind words about me in the Mother's Day one. Also it was so nice to read your Mom's comments. Love, Your 2nd Mom, Marion. P.S. Better late than never but better never late.