To be admitted to Nature's hearth costs nothing. None is excluded, but excludes himself.
You have only to push aside the curtain - Henry David Thoreau
........

The only limits we have are those we give ourselves.

........

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Taking a breather

Back home and have mixed feelings.  We’re both a little tired and yet feel like we’re ready to tackle the world. 

Mark is being smart and take a much needed rest.  If nothing else, it gives the bump and bruises a chance to heal.  For me, I decided that the fuel tank was full and crazily enough, I signed up for a half-marathon.  It would be a bit of a test to see how the breathing issues might affect me over the race distance.

fuel

Fast forward to race day…suffer-fest.  Warm and quite humid and well, breathing issues continued.  It was my slowest half-marathon finish time in a few years.  Walking breaks were the order of the day.  Legs felt fine, but I just felt winded.

Exhausted

So, looking for a quick cure…wonder if I just found it!!  :)

breathing

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jacques has a scuba tank you can borrow, or I have a spare CPAP machine...

RutsUp said...

Can I can borrow a regulator too? I could do Darth Vadar voice-overs in my spare time. :)