To be admitted to Nature's hearth costs nothing. None is excluded, but excludes himself.
You have only to push aside the curtain - Henry David Thoreau
........

The only limits we have are those we give ourselves.

........

Monday, June 1, 2009

Foodies, they have different tastes

I happen to work with an avid ‘foodie’ – she loves to cook, to watch cooking shows, to read cookbooks, and to visit restaurants recommended by foodies.  What I love about it is that I get to sample so many interesting foods (the resident foodie guinea pig – and I wonder why the weight is not coming off yet).  But, today, I would add to that list…’strange’ foods, or rather, strange-sounding foods.

What could be strange?  Well, today was the first time trying "Ketchup Cake" (click link for recipe).  We had talked about it recently as it was mentioned on a morning news show (Breakfast Television).

It was like a very moist spice cake with cream cheese icing -  mmmm, cream cheese icing.  The odd thing was the list of ingredients includes red food colouring - I just assumed it was from the ketchup itself.  Apparently not, hmmmmm.

In any case, I love working with a foodie!

ketchup

No comments: