To be admitted to Nature's hearth costs nothing. None is excluded, but excludes himself.
You have only to push aside the curtain - Henry David Thoreau
........

The only limits we have are those we give ourselves.

........

Friday, June 19, 2009

I am grateful for…

Just like my mom and her feelings about Mother’s Day, my dad would be the first to say that Father’s Day should be every day of the year as well.  But hey, even he would be the first to admit that a dad can use only so many new ties. 

As we’ve learned over the past couple of weeks, life is precious and it can change in an instant.  Once again, the wisdom of parents is evident - their theory is a good one.  There is no need to wait for the ‘special day’ – no need to wait until Sunday, in this case.

So…thank-you Dad, for everything.  I can’t begin to say how much love, pride, and appreciation I feel for both of you each and every day.

Like father…like daughter…

  norton cbx

And dad…we know how to find true ‘keepers’!

RD1A us

 

You’re My Hero (link above for song by Teresa James)

I would ride on your shoulders
And look out on the world
Pretending I was big and tall like you
When you were there to hold me
I never was afraid
You made me feel there's nothing I can't do

If I'd spread my wings to fly
When I was very small
I knew that you'd be standing by
To catch me if I fall

You're my hero
Chasing the monsters from my room
Going on trips around the moon
The one who's always been there faithfully
You're my hero
And 'cause you're my Dad...
I'm twice as blessed and lucky to be me

As I kept on getting older
We often disagreed
But you let me find myself in my own way
And it's funny, how just lately
I've come to recognize
How wise you are becoming every day
There's so much you've given me
I hope I've made you proud
You're everything a Dad should be
And it's time to tell you now

You're my hero
You didn't have to say a word
Your love was the message that I heard
Inspiring me to be all I can be
You're my hero
And 'cause you're my Dad...
I'm twice as blessed and lucky to be me

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tammy
Wow! I was realy touched by your beautiful expressions.It brought tears to my eyes. You can be sure that the love you feel is a reflection of our love for you.
You really are a wonderful young woman with a beautiful heart full of love. You may look a little like me but you are like your mother in so many ways.
You have a way with words that can pull at a person's heart strings.
I'm so proud of you and Mark for the wonderful relationship you have established in your marriage I'm sure Mark's parents set him a fine example to follow as well.
The two of you have one of the most important things anyone could ever have in a marriage, that is a sincere and deep love for one another, and a fondnes to do things together.

And Tammy you will always be my little girl who I love very much. It's always make me feel so proud to see what a wonderful woman you have become.
I can just hope and pray that you will always find joy and happiness in your life and that your blessing may be many.
I'm looking forward to seeing you on Friday.
Love you much.
Your biker dad.ha ha