To be admitted to Nature's hearth costs nothing. None is excluded, but excludes himself.
You have only to push aside the curtain - Henry David Thoreau
........

The only limits we have are those we give ourselves.

........

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Table-envy no more

Recently, we’ve been looking at new patio tables.  The one we have is fine, but it really only seats 4 people.  Mark had a fabulous idea – make one.  There is a long-running joke where Mark offers to make whatever I might want…out of wood.  It doesn’t matter if it’s a new chair or a bike…he says he’ll whittle one for me.  It always brings a smile to my face, but lo and behold, and true to his word this time, he made one and it’s awesome!

At over 9ft long, It can easily sit 10 people!  I love it.

DSC01064

We need to finish sanding and then stain it…and I guess it might be helpful if we get some chairs, but, I am one VERY happy camper! 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a man of talent! I am most impressed. We will bring our own chairs if you want to invite us to dinner! iSharon & Zippy

Anonymous said...

The table looks great. Hope it is not too heavy for the deck. Hope you enjoy using it for many many years. Love, Mom.

Anonymous said...

Nice table....LUCKY you! You should be a happy camper! I agree with Sharon....if you are wanting to break in the new table...we could wrangle up a few chairs!!!!