To be admitted to Nature's hearth costs nothing. None is excluded, but excludes himself.
You have only to push aside the curtain - Henry David Thoreau
........

The only limits we have are those we give ourselves.

........

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

You’re excused

Well, I didn’t borrow Sharon’s Princess Leia outfit.  Nor did I use Tina Fey’s line in 30 Rock “I don’t really think it’s fair that I be on a jury, because I can read thoughts”.  Quite honestly, I thought the tin foil hat I had made and the T-shirt emblazoned with ‘Aliens are in our Midst’ would be enough.

leia

In the end, it was not about my wardrobe choice.  Apparently, legal discussions went on well after we were told to go home yesterday.  This morning we learned that there was no need for jury selection this week.  We, the potential jurors, were excused…for at least three years.

Mixed feelings – timing wasn’t the greatest for serving on a jury, but there was a part of me that was interested in experiencing the process.

Spider Solitaire – beware!  I will be ready for a rematch in 2012 and beyond!

spidersolitaire

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wore my Princess Leia outfit to work today. Still hoping to be sexually harrassed by someone with a large light sabre - no luck. So I ate the doughnuts I attached to the side of my head. Still trying to get the chocolate glaze out of my hair...Shazam

RutsUp said...

ummm, were you wearing the 'New Hope' outfit? Try the Princess Slave outfit - the metal bikini!! That should do it. :)